- About Us
- Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Aviation Law
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense, Coverage, and Extra-Contractual Litigation
- Mass Tort, Multi-District, and Class Action Litigation
- Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Products Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations
Being targeted by government prosecutors or regulators is overwhelming. Helmsing Leach can provide those in such a predicament with assured counsel armed with a wealth of experience in guiding clients through the complexity and stress of government actions with confidence, discretion and sensitivity.
The firm has handled criminal matters from the earliest stages of the investigation phase through trial and, when necessary, appeal. In more than a few cases, we have obtained optimal outcomes, with no charges brought, no penalties assessed, and no adverse publicity suffered. Our broad experience includes cases involving offenses relating to health care, the environment, public corruption, the Sherman Act, and insurance and financial matters.
We have also represented clients targeted by federal and state regulatory agencies, including those in the health care field. And the firm has substantial experience and success in litigating civil matters that often run parallel to criminal and regulatory proceedings, such as civil RICO and False Claims Act cases.
In addition, we are regularly asked by business clients to investigate potential crimes and regulatory violations by employees, including high-ranking officers. We are adept at getting to the bottom of such sensitive matters with the least amount of disruption to our clients’ operations and company culture. We have conducted corporate investigations in a wide range of industries, including health care, engineering, manufacturing and the financial industry. We also advise clients on how to stay in compliance with laws and regulations governing their businesses.