- About Us
- Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Aviation Law
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense, Coverage, and Extra-Contractual Litigation
- Mass Tort, Multi-District, and Class Action Litigation
- Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Products Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations
- (251) 432-5521
Helmsing Leach attorneys have represented clients in all aspects of the field of employment and labor law.
The Firm has counseled clients regarding compliance with federal labor and employment law including Title VII, Section 1981/1983, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA), and Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
The Firm has provided advice regarding compliance with employment policies and procedures and with state and federal law governing the relationships between employer and employee, including sexual harassment policies, complaint investigation, personnel policies and handbooks, disciplinary actions, wage and hour compliance, arbitration agreements, employment agreements, covenants not to compete (non-competition agreements), non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and protection of trade secrets.
Helmsing Leach lawyers have provided counsel concerning compensation plans, including deferred compensation, incentive stock option, stock bonus, employee stock ownership, profit-sharing, pension, health care and other employee benefit plans.