Helmsing, Leach has decades of experience representing the interests of insurers and insureds throughout the State of Alabama. Our Insurance Defense attorneys have handled and tried all types of insurance defense cases, including those involving wrongful death, bodily injury and property damage. In addition to defending insureds, the lawyers of Helmsing, Leach have extensive experience in representing the needs of insurance companies in matters involving coverage questions, bad faith claims and regulatory matters. We have particular expertise in assisting insurers and insureds with large-scale or catastrophic claims and coverage issues arising from hurricanes, floods and storms on Alabama’s Gulf Coast and can translate that experience into handling catastrophic claims defense all over the Southeast.
- Defended a local insurance company in a class action alleging a systematic non-payment of overhead and profit on claims
- Coverage counsel for national insurance carrier on Chinese Drywall claims and cases in Alabama
- Represented a nationwide insurance company regarding license taxes owed within Mobile County
- Primary counsel for several state and national insurance companies on a wide variety of first and third-party claims
- Defended nationwide insurance company and its representatives against claims of bad faith and fraud arising out of wind/water issues related to hurricane Katrina
- Baldwin Mut. Ins. Co., Inc. v. Edwards, 63 So. 3d 1268 (Ala. 2010).
- Colony Ins. Co. v. Alabama Heat Exchangers, Inc., 23 So. 3d 677 (Ala.Civ.App. 2009).
- Alfa Mut. Ins. Co. v. City of Mobile, 981 So. 2d 371 (Ala. 2007).
- Soti v. Lowe’s Home Centers Inc., 906 So. 2d 916 (Ala. 2005).