- About Us
- Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Aviation Law
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense, Coverage, and Extra-Contractual Litigation
- Mass Tort, Multi-District, and Class Action Litigation
- Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Products Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations
Since its founding in 1976, Helmsing Leach has been extensively involved in the field of professional liability defense. While its attorneys maintain specific expertise in the representation of health care providers, our Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense team has a proven track record of success in the defense of professional negligence claims against healthcare providers and other non-medical licensed professionals.
The firm’s lawyers have represented clients in Alabama professional liability matters in state and federal courts throughout the country, and have a track record of defending hospitals, physicians and surgeons, nursing homes, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, rehabilitation facilities, dentists, podiatrists, and chiropractors.
Clients often seek our guidance in the pro-active management of risks to their organizations and operations. In this role, our lawyers provide educational services and witness effectiveness training for our clients and their employees including training in the fields of medical records maintenance and accuracy, State/Federal compliance education, and deposition and trial witness preparation.