- About Us
- Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Aviation Law
- Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense, Coverage, and Extra-Contractual Litigation
- Mass Tort, Multi-District, and Class Action Litigation
- Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Products Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice and Professional Liability Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations
- (251) 432-5521
Real Estate Transactions
The Firm’s Real Estate Practice Group represents clients engaged in all areas of Alabama real estate law Our clients include residential and commercial buyers and sellers, shopping center owners and tenants, apartment complexes, condominium owners and developers, brokerage companies, residential and commercial contractors, real estate investment trusts, title companies, and banks and other financial institutions who lend monies secured by real estate. We have represented clients in, Land Use and Development, Real Estate Transactions, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Litigation, Eminent Domain, and Environmental Compliance.
The Helmsing Leach Firm has represented and advised clients through all stages of the governmental approval process for land use and development, including:
- Zoning change approvals, subdivision approval, variances, planned unit developments, and planning commission approvals.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations in the development and use of real property.
- Representation of developers in connection with condominium and other multiphase residential and commercial developments.
- Formation of joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies specifically organized for real estate development or investment.
The Firm has represented clients in various kinds of real estate litigation, in both federal and state courts, at the trial and appellate levels. This litigation includes disputes in the following areas:
- Real estate transactions, including commercial purchase and sales of property and leasehold transactions
- Real property development, financing and construction
- Materialman’s liens, warehouse liens and other liens affecting real property
- Payment and performance bond claims
- Oil and gas pipelines
- Riparian rights
- Boundary disputes
- Adverse possession
- Claims of environmental contamination of land and other violations of local, state and federal environmental laws
- Personal injury and property damage arising out of conditions and activities on land
Helmsing Leach lawyers have assisted clients in negotiating, drafting and structuring of diverse real estate transactions of business relationships involving land and land development. These services have included:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of real estate contracts and agreements, including commercial and residential lease agreements
- Representing borrowers and lenders in connection with secured transactions involving real estate
- Representation on sales and acquisitions of timberland and current use properties
- Negotiating and litigating issues involving oil and gas pipelines and related issues
- Formation of joint ventures, partnerships or limited liability companies organized for real estate development or investment
- Disposal and acquisition of investment property for §1031 tax deferred treatment, including reverse like kind exchanges.
The Firm has a substantial eminent domain and condemnation practice, representing both property owners and condemning agencies. See the firm’s separate practice page for the Eminent Domain and Condemnation Practice Group.
Lawyers with Helmsing Leach have represented clients in various matters concerning compliance with local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations. For additional information, please see our
Environmental Law practice page.