Philip D. Mahoney
Member of the Firm
With almost a decade at Helmsing Leach, Philip has a wide range of legal experience in complex civil litigation. His practice focuses on defending healthcare providers, manufacturers, and first-party insurance claims, and enforcing the rights of creditors and businesses arising from complicated commercial transactions. He also advises property owners and condemning agencies through the eminent domain process.
Philip is married with two children. He and his family are active members of St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Mobile. He is a past board member of the Dog River Clearwater Revival, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the water quality of Dog River Watershed.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- University of Alabama, M.B.A., 2011
- University of Alabama, B.S. (Finance), 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- 2022 Mid-South Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- McKenzie v. Janssen Biotech, Inc., 295 So. 3d 617 (Ala. 2019) (affirming judgment in favor of medication manufacturer).
- Ex parte Bio-Med. Applications of Alabama, Inc., 216 So. 3d 420 (Ala. 2016) (granting mandamus petition and entering summary judgment in favor of hospital in wrongful death lawsuit).
- Goldthrip v. DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., 665 F. App’x 808 (11th Cir. 2016) (affirming summary judgment in favor of product manufacturer).
- United States ex rel. Gacek v. Premier Med. Mgmt., Inc., 2017 WL 2838179 (S.D. Ala. 2017) (dismissing multiple counts in False Claims Act litigation).
- Brady v. State Pilotage Com’n, 208 So. 3d 1136 (Ala. Civ. App. 2015) (affirming dismissal